I haven’t been online much lately because I’ve been in the throes of editing (and also, like, a million other non-writing things), but I’m getting nearly to the end of my current bout, so it seemed like a good time to surface with some updates.
- A Study of Fiber and Demons, my rivals-to-lovers fantasy romance novella, had it’s 1-year birthday earlier this week! For those still hoping to pick it up, it just so happens that Less Than Three Press is having a sale on all print and ebooks until August 22, so it’s a fine time to grab that for 20% off.
- As I mentioned above, my main WIP is currently wrapping up with its first editing stage (fingers crossed I can finish it sometime in the next few days), so hopefully I’ll be able to share actual details about that project soon.
- I still don’t expect to be around much online for the next couple of weeks (due to stuff primarily related to my day job), but I’m hoping to revisit my Instagram account in mid-September when I’ll be off at Disneyland! That has nothing to do with writing, but that Instagram account has just been gathering dust lately, and of course I’ll be taking pictures at Disneyland, so, yeah.
- As for fall, I’ve got a few convention plans in the works, but so far I think all I can definitively say is that I’ll be at Kumoricon and Orycon here in Portland. More on con schedules as I get them hammered out.
And that’s about all the updates I have right now. It’s really been just grinding through these edits for me lately, so unfortunately I haven’t got much exciting to share. So, I guess instead I can share this picture of my roommate’s very annoyed cat.
Well, as predicted, it’s been a busy fall for me. Here’s what’s been going on:
- Copyedits for Moonshine have come and gone. With the book shifting ever closer to its Final Form, I imagine things are going to start heating up on the marketing and publicity end of things for Moonshine, so I should have a lot more to share with you soon.
- My first term in grad school is going well, though it seems all of my anxiety about feeling overwhelmed was fully justified. But I’m staying on top of my work for now, and with my copyedits already out of the way, that takes a bit of the weight off.
- I have an Instagram now! Finally, a way to inject desaturated Fall Aesthetic directly into my bloodstream. And so much less existentially crushing than Twitter…
- I’m making progress on my cosplays for Kumoricon, with Taako and pajama-themed Terra Branford essentially finished, and Edward (also from The Adventure Zone) close to done.
- Speaking of Kumoricon, I will be there! Specifically, I will be a panelist on the LGBTQ+ Gaymes and Gaymers panel, and I’ll be talking about Final Fantasy IX’s Quina and neopronouns. If you’ll be at Kumoricon on Friday October 27th, please stop by! Still waiting to hear if I got into cosplay chess, too…
Aside from that, I’ve been spending my spare moments playing FFXII Zodiac Age and Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! (the two greatest games of 2017, and that’s just a fact), and working on the sequel for Moonshine, though of course I took a break from that when I was working on the copyedits. I should be able to really lock down on writing for a while now, but it’ll be a tight fit between midterms and conventions and holidays… ugh. When was the last time I had a vacation again?
Hello again, here’s another summer update!
Finally, I’m in the home stretch with my edits for Moonshine, so I’ll be finishing those this weekend and returning to drafting the second Moonshine book. And hopefully titling it because boy would I love to have something to call it.
So, I’m still under gag order on my BIG NEWS, so I can’t actually say what landmark I just finished up with. Sorry. (Also, I know I said I was hoping to be able to announce my news “soon”, like, several weeks ago, but I still don’t have a date on when that gag order lifts. Sorry about that, too.) But I wanted to post something, because I know I’ve been pretty quiet with all the work I’m trying to get through. Which has not just been my secret top priority project or even my other writing projects, but also school and my day job. So between everything, I’m stretched a little thin on social media time these days.
Anyway, I did just finish up a (secret) landmark, so now I’m going to get back into drafting the Moonshiners sequel and hopefully some Hellslayer too, if I can make the time for it. But first I’m going to take a few days to just play video games, because between my (secret) project and A Study of Fiber and Demons, the past solid two months have been nothing but hard external deadlines for me and I need a break.
Sorry for the silence; finals and edits for A Study of Fiber and Demons had me slammed. But I’m all done with that now–those edits have been turned in and I should have word on the cover and release sometime within the next couple of months.
Of course, I still have my BIG NEWS, and I’ll know for sure when I’ll get to announce that very soon. Until then, I’ll be doing some updates around here to prepare for it. But keep on eye on this spot for my announcement.
Well, got my edits back for A Study of Fiber and Demons. So, I guess that Moonshiners #2 drafting is going to slow down immediately after starting. Oh, well. I’ve been excited to get these edits back for a while, so hopefully that excitement will speed me along through them.
Gonna try finish outlining Moonshiners #2 today so I can start drafting tomorrow.
That’s all for now.
(Copied over from Tumblr)